Starting Co-operation in Uzbekistan

Uzbekistan and Finnish high-level meeting highlighted opportunities for further co-operation in many areas. Spearhead project shaping the co-operation is a KaukoInternational Ltd lead project where a consortia develops and modernizes the solid waste management in Uzbekistan.

Photos: NAPU under the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan

On April 12, 2019, representatives of Kaukointernational Ltd took part in a bilateral meeting of the Finnish delegation headed by Mr. Keinänen, Deputy State Secretary of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Finland (MFA), and the leadership of the National Agency for Project Management under the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan (NAPU).

Since 2016, Kaukointernational Ltd Director Mr. Markus Tuukkanen has been building the partnerships between Uzbekistan and Finland. One of the achievements is the development of a co-operation project in solid waste management where KaukoInternational has the lead the role in compiling a dream-team of Finnish and Uzbek organizations. The project cost is supported by Finnish Government with 30% grant and remaining 70% is from loan.

 

Photos: NAPU under the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan

Kaukointernational Ltd is responsible for planning and implementing the project in 2020-2022. Its implementation will allow developing a long term strategic regional waste management plan, introducing modern sorting technologies, producing energy and organic fertilizers from waste and piloting industrial waste collection/management. During the project implementation, training of personnel at all levels related to new facilities are provided. Project also supports Uzbek government in developing their legislation and policies to modernize and create environmentally, socially and economically sustainable way for solid waste management.

This project was highlighted by both NAPU and MFA as the project shaping the future co-operation between Uzbekistan and Finland and that KaukoInternational is an ideal partner in compiling and leading this consortia.

Moreover, several promising proposals for cooperating in the project were voiced at the meeting incl. co-operation in telecommunications and having Uzbekistan delegation visit the Slush Startup Event, which will be held November 21-22 of this year in Helsinki.

 

Source: https://napm.uz/ru/press_center/news/napu-nalazhivaet-sotrudnichestvo-s-finskimi-kompaniyami/

 

 

 

Menu